I’ve been using Google Chrome for over a week now. What I like about it…
– The tab completion for search engines. Awesome
– The preview feature with the most recent history
– The history search
– The "auto showing" status bar. This is very cool. It’s a really simple idea, but very cool. Think about it, why take up space for a status bar that only displays info when loading a page or displaying link information?
– It’s FAST! I mean REALLY fast. It’s instant to start up and surfing seems faster
– Its compatibility with the sites I visit most.
– Its support for saving HTTP authentication correctly. Something that Firefox nor Safari could handle properly. It can connect to Sharepoint and save credentials, which comes in very handy. With Safari I kept having to type them in despite indicating to save them.
What I don’t like
– Doesn’t work with some of the sites I visit most
– It’s lack of proper support for certain technologies like Silverlight. Sorry, if you are releasing a browser this late in the game, make sure it supports something as important as Silverlight (I’m not getting into political motivations here…I’m evaluating the browser as a TOOL in my toolbox)
– Zooming by pressing CTRL and the Mouse wheel works opposite to all other browsers. Forwards makes the text larger. Is this me only? A bug? Or a feature?
– It’s lack of support for importing bookmarks from Safari
– Not being able to sync my bookmarks with my iPhone. Sure, this isn’t Google’s fault, but I’m not playing the blame game.
– I miss Firebug. I missed it in Safari and miss it here
It’s the first beta. If it improves in the next release, I’ll use it. If it doesn’t, I’ll use something else.